Friday, July 8, 2011

"Art is a verb" - thoughts by Julie Gieseke

"I think that many of us get intimidated to engage in the creative process because the expectation is that "Art" will come out of it. It is my feeling that if "art" were viewed on the continuum that it is, with the artifacts that are in museums etc. seen as merely moments in that continuum, there may be more creative engagement by everyone, which is what is needed in the world. Just to sum up my thoughts..." 



- Julie Gieseke 







2 comments:

  1. Yes! Getting people to PARTICIPATE, without having to believe that they must first be an artist. Some stagecraft and a little seduction are in order. Then, suddenly, they will look around and say, "Hey, did I do that? I think I know now how an artist feels when they're working."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful space to enter.

    Am joining the conversation finally. Am reading the Art book John found. So far theme is about being conscious. The image of entering a restaurant reminds me of Frederick Franck book on Zen of Seeing and Awakened Eye. Maybe we should have a short reading list of books we love. Then our writing can aim at the empty spaces between those books. Or just our thoughts.

    am giving order to Ann Notes after our gathering. Will post them here when in order.

    A request: how can we make text larger on this blog. My old eyes can barely read it. Tips for the aged will help.

    ReplyDelete